Thursday, January 24, 2013

Healthy beginnings in 2013!

So, I'm not fat. I'm not skinny, either. I have, however, had 2 children via c-section. As much as I love them, they totally screwed me over! ;-) Being married to a chef isn't helping matters much in the "healthy eating" department, either. *sigh*

My goal for 2013 is to beat my husband until he remembers not to bring cream sauce-riddled, bread encrusted, fat enhancing delicacies home from the restaurant. Or, at the very least, sew my mouth shut to avoid the temptation to shovel said delicacies into my pie-hole. On a more realistic note, I would like to shed around 25-30 pounds. My current weight, at 5'6, is 165. I think 140-ish is reasonable for my height. I also would like to tone up.

Exercise is my biggest issue. Not because I don't like doing it, but because I don't have anywhere TO do it. I live on a dead-end street off a main thoroughfare, so jogging isn't really an option. I've tried the whole "run up and down the street until someone calls the cops because they think I'm casing the neighborhood". That doesn't work out so well. There aren't any parks near me, and my kids' school is an option but isn't very well lit after dark. Blech. I love to jog, though, so I'm hoping to get that all ironed out. Somewhere in between dance classes on Mondays, tumbling classes on Tuesdays, church on Wednesdays, and Vampire Diaries on Thursdays. ;-) I do have an all-over bodyweight workout that I've been doing in my living room 3 times a week.

Seriously, though, have you ever attempted to exercise in the living room of your house with your spouse of 10 years ogling your behind every time you do the downward dog?! Yeah, not much accomplished there. I've even tried to entice him to just join in the exercising with me so at least we can ogle each other. For some reason, he found that hilarious. Needless to say, it's distracting but I have kept up with that. Dealing with 15 minutes of leering and innuendo 3 times per week is a small price to pay for a nice ass.

I decided to put all this out there on my blog so that it's written down, in the stratosphere, and I can't NOT stick to my end of the bargain. I'm also not giving myself a specific goal date. I'm only saying that by summer, I want to be comfortable in shorts and sundresses. Do-able, I think!

So, if you see me with anything breaded, fried, or otherwise fat enabled headed towards my mouth, feel free to shout at the top of your lungs for the fatty to step away from the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment