Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thrift stores are my crack

It's been a few days since I've posted. This week has been cray-cray with end of the month paperwork at the office. I also helped the hubby cater the Senior Bowl last Saturday. For anyone that doesn't know, the Senior Bowl is a football bowl game for those seniors graduating college. NFL scouts, coaches, etc all come in just for this game so they can check out all the talent in one place. It's a pretty big deal. So I got roped into helping. I got there at 4:45 a.m. - yes, before the chickens were even up! Well, the chickens that would have been there had they not already been filleted and seasoned. ;-) Flash forward to 8:30 p.m. when I finally got off and needless to say, my feet were aching!! I had a blast though. I've never worked in the food industry before. I am just not a people person, and waitressing is something I would get fired from on day one for tossing a drink at someone, I'm sure. But this was fun! And apparently, I did a spiffy enough job that I also was asked to help cater a Mardi Gras ball both this Friday AND next Friday. And I don't turn down money to be made!! Laissez le bon temps roulez!

But I digress. To get back to my crack...um, thrift store obsession. I love love love thrift stores. I feel the need to check in with them every time I pass them on the street. The one nearest my in-laws house and my daughter's dance studio must feel like I'm a stalker. On any given day, you can see me walking towards the double doors, head swiveling from side to side as I furtively try to sneak in to catch the deals before anyone else.

It pays off, though! Here are the items I found just on Sunday!

$5.99 for these lovely ladies. Aren't they gorgeous?!

$5.99 for these Nikes. The soles on the shoes don't have a mark on them!! So obviously, if they were worn, they weren't worn outside! An essentially brand new pair of Nikes for $6.  *sigh*

And $2.99 for these babies, which are now my Mardi Gras ball shoes. I had intended to wear the first pair, and just spray paint them silver to go with my dress. But then I found these, which is great because the longer I lookd at the blue pair, the more I love them as is!!

And here is my Mardi Gras gown...not from the thrift store, but still only $40, part of my Christmas gift from my mother in law.

That ball is next Saturday. I'm really looking forward to a night out on the town! We are attending the ball for the hub's aunt's organization, Mobile Mystical Ladies. Along for the ride are my bff of 25+ years, Renee (Lord, how old are we?!) and her hubby, Bobby - who by the way is like my other half! ;-) Love me some Bobby. Oh, well, Renee, too, but still. Love me some Bobby. Ha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment