Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I'm a bartender!

Well, kind of. ;-) I helped my hubby's job cater a Mardi Gras ball this past Friday. I got put in the bar and needless to say, I was petrified! I've never bartended a day in my life. Unless you count the very generous drinks I make for myself at home. I ended up having an absolute blast, though! All the guests were very nice, albeit drunk by the end of the evening, tipped well, and I had a ton of repeats so I ended up remembering the drinks of most everyone who kept coming to me. I got a bunch of "awesome job!" and "wow, you're good". :-) That makes me happy! I felt very proud of myself. I also had one girl trying to take me home all night. Her boyfriend thought it was hilarious (and I'm sure he would've been all about it had I actually gone lol). Then again, my hubby thought it was great, too. What is with men?! At least she was cute! We ended up, after packing up and heading back to the restaurant to unpack, getting home at 4am. And being a mom who is used to getting up early, I was still up by 8am. Ugh.

We have another ball this Friday night, followed by our own ball on Saturday. I'm going to be exhausted but I'm still determined to dance it up and have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment