Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Apples in a Bag

Can I get a What, what?! OMG. I was about to embark on a not-so-exciting breakfast of oatmeal this morning, which was the only thing I had at work. I was online trying to find ways to spruce it up when I came across this fabulous site http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/family-recipes/apples-in-a-bag and saw this wonderful recipe! I thought, hey, surprisingly I actually have said ingredients here at the office so no harm, no foul, right? I'd say so! I sliced my apple, added my spices, shook the baggie like a Polaroid picture, and popped that sucker into the microwave. Not only did it taste divine, but it made the office smell yumalicious! Try it on oatmeal, ice cream, or just eat it out of the bag for a sweet, healthy dessert!


Apples in a Bag
 
Author:
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
Ingredients
  • 1 small apple (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith are my favorite)
  • 1 packet of sweetener (Splenda is my favorite), or a spoonful of sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • Small handful of raisins, optional
Instructions
  1. Peel or don’t peel apple, core and slice or dice. Place in freezer-quality plastic zippered bag along with remaining ingredients. Seal bag and shake well to mix ingredients.
  2. Reopen bag just a touch to vent. Microwave on High for 2 minutes– longer if you use a big apple.
  3. Carefully (it will be HOT and steamy) open bag and pour over plain or cinnamon-sugar pita chips, flour tortilla chips, oatmeal or ice cream.
Notes
(Nutritionals based on no raisins, unpeeled apples and artificial sweetener)

Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 59 Fat: .2 g Carbohydrates: 16.7 g Sugar: 11.0 g Sodium: 2 mg Fiber: 2.9 g Protein: .3 Cholesterol: 0 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment